Lumen Catechetical Consultants
Lumen Catechetical Consultants, Inc., is a 501(C)3 not-for-profit educational consulting firm that helps Catholic organizations communicate a life with Christ lived fully through his Church. At the heart of our catechesis is the Intimate Path, a fresh look at the Christian life for men and women today.
Lumen provides comprehensive communications and public relations services, broadcast production and printed materials for recent clients like the Knights of Columbus, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, the Black and Indian Missions Office, Eternal World Television Network, Salt + Light Television, Catholic TV, Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family at The Catholic University of America, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Archdiocese of Washington, the Archdiocese of Baltimore, Imago Dei, Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Washington and others.
For more information about our consulting and production services, please contact us.
Lumen Services and Products
Life After Sunday
Life After Sunday is Lumen's own catechetical project for parish life. Currently, it includes a series of 8-page issues focused on the deepest desires of the human heart, the Intimate Path catechesis, parish websites and retreat materials for high school and young adults.
- Life After Sunday issues can be used for small group discussion or personal reflection. With themes like Freedom, Security, Beauty and Power, each single issue of Life After Sunday shows how life with Jesus Christ in the Church leads the human person to the fulfillment of his or her destiny.
- The Intimate Path catechesis is a contemporary expression of the classical love of the saints for Jesus Christ. By linking the Church's teachings and tradition with everyday experience, the Intimate Path seeks to assist parishioners in an authentic formation of the heart. This free web resource can be used for personal reflection or to complement catechesis in the classroom and small group settings.
- Parish Websites for the New Evangelization that show the Face of Jesus, present and alive, united to his local parish. We build parish websites that communicate, evangelize and catechize. For sample sites, visit here.
- Retrieve offers thoughtful dialogues on retrieving the experiences of human life that can make reading and living the Catechism of the Catholic Church always NEW. Enjoy this series as Monsignor Lorenzo Albacete provides an "interpretive key" to make your personal study of the catechism fruitful.
- Life After Sunday retreat materials have been developed for high school and young adult groups. For more information, contact us.
Consulting and Communications
Lumen helps Catholic organizations create and implement services and projects for their targeted audiences, using vehicles such as communications plans, web sites, educational programs, retreats and publications.
Lumen provides full production services from broadcast-quality television shows to 30-second television or radio spots. In addition to many other projects, we produce the live events from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., for the Eternal Word Television network, and have written and produced an award-winning series on vocations for the Knights of Columbus. Since visual communications is an increasingly important medium for education, we are committed to providing a high level of production capabilities to Catholic organizations seeking to harness this powerful means to reach their targeted audiences.